Word to Live By

The future is as bright as our faith
~President Thomas S. Monson

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Jack Johnson in Concert!

Brian got tickets to go see Jack Johnson last Monday in SLC. We drove down Monday afternoon and got to the USANA Amphitheater at about 4:30. I thought that was pretty early-- the doors didn't even open until 5-- but I was wrong! There was already a line when we got there and when the doors opened I was glad we got our pick of seats. The concert didn't start until 7, so we had two hours of waiting, but it was fun (and interesting) to watch the strange array of people that attended the concert. There were two opening bands, one I liked, one I didn't. Jack didn't even play until almost 9pm. So, that gave people 4 hours to get really truly drunk. It was quite a sight! Then, when Jack did start performing, out came the drugs. I have no idea what people in the pit were smoking, but it definitely wasn't a cigarette. So sad! But, even with all the crazies, it was an amazing concert. We had a few songs that we really wanted to hear and we lucked out and got to hear all of our favorites. The concert lasted until 11pm. It was great! But, we made the mistake of doing the trip up and back in one day. Yeah, we'll never make that mistake again. We didn't get home until 3am. Next time we will get a hotel. It wasn't worth saving money, we were both so tired that we had to switch off driving. But, overall we had a great time! Hooray for Jack Johnson!

3 comments:

Keri said...

So, was Jack good in person? We enjoy listening to his cd's. I heard there was a lot of pot smoking going on there. I'm glad you made it home safely. Night drives like that scare me. We've done a few, and I always swear I will never do that again.

Michelle said...

I am still so jealous. That sounds like so much fun (well that jack parts, not the crazy people).
ps- i LOVE the bag! Thank you!

Camille said...

I miss you Dana. I'm glad you had a fun time at the concert.