Word to Live By

The future is as bright as our faith
~President Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Kindergarten Graduation




Sydney has had a great year at school. She has learned so much. I can't believe how fast this year went. Unfortunately we had a misunderstanding about when first grade would start: On the last day of school I told Sydney we could go out to lunch to celebrate. She was so excited. On the way to lunch she listed our upcoming events: No school Thursday, camping Friday, her Birthday Saturday, church on Sunday and then, "First grade on Monday." Uh-oh. I thought we'd talked about summer break, but obviously not how long it is. I tried to explain that before first grade we had a fun summer and she wouldn't go back to school until August--after Payton's birthday. She immediately burst into tears. I am just glad that she likes school so much!!

1 comment:

Walling Family said...

Madison has thought the same thing and she still is confused, she said she is all ready for 1st grade except she has to learn one more thing to be ready and then she can go. I think I will have to keep her very busy this summer.