Word to Live By

The future is as bright as our faith
~President Thomas S. Monson

Monday, April 14, 2008

Dam Marathon

I have been debating when to put this on our blog. Today marks two months, so I decided now is the time. Since Christmas time, 3 girls in my ward and I have been training for a 5K. To some of you that run and are very athletic, that is nothing. But, consider the source. I am not athletic in any sense of the word. I do not play sports (no coordination) and never have I used the words "running" and "enjoyment" in the same sentence. However, I have changed my tune. On June 14, my friends from the ward, my sisters and myself (Dayna) will run a 5K (just over 3 miles) at the Dam Marathon in Rexburg. I am so proud of our hard work! We exercise 5 days a week-- a challenge considering the number of children that tag along to our Church gym. It is hard work, but I really do enjoy it. Surprised? Me too! Anyone who is interested is welcome to join us!

http://www.dammarathon.com/

4 comments:

Walling Family said...

I am impressed! Oh how bad I want to be there! Maybe next year! =) I wish!

Keri said...

I would love to run with you if I were up there. And I'm with you on the whole athletic, thing, but I'm coming to love exercise and running.

amber and james said...

Dayna,
Good Job!!! I don't know if I have that kind of stamina! I think "Dam Marathon" is the perfect title for it! You are awesome. I think you will do great!
Love,
Amber

Camille said...

Loved all the pictures. I am so impressed with the marathon. Good luck. Home ownership is great.