Word to Live By

The future is as bright as our faith
~President Thomas S. Monson

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Say What??

So, I have no pictures to go along with this post, but I had to write down some of the crazy things Sydney has been saying lately. Honestly, the more words she learns, the funnier she gets.

First example, I woke up from a nap one day last week and Sydney said, "Mom, you have stretch marks on your face!" Yikes! Good thing it was just indentations from the pillowcase.

Second example, Syd kept going on and on about something while we were trying to get her to say bedtime prayers. Finally she stopped and said, "Mom, are we going to have this discussination or not?" Uh, no. We are not going to have this discussion right now. (We laughed so hard after she was in bed.)

Sydney is also learning to be pretty sneaky. I was reading in the recliner and Syd came up to me, "Mom, you really want to sit on the couch don't you. I can see that you want to sit on the couch." My reply, "Syd, do you want to sit in the chair?" Sydney, "Yes, but you really want to sit on the couch." My response, "Syd, next time just ask nicely and I will move." "OK!"

Sydney speaks very clearly except for the 'th' sound. She says 'f' instead. So I try really hard to have her practice saying things like 'thank you' and 'Thursday'. She looks so cute when she is concentrating. She puts her tongue between her teeth and tries so hard. Sometimes she gets it and sometimes it ends up with the 'th' followed by the 'f'. It is so funny!

Here are some Sydney words and their translation:
plano = piano
doornog = doorknob
hambaburg = hamburger

I know that all of these adorable little words will soon be lost and she will speak perfectly, so I had to make a note.

2 comments:

. said...

As you know, I love the things that come out of Sydney's mouth...I think Emma will probably be a talker too.

Shannon said...

She is so funny. Good thing you are writing these down. It is amazing how fast they grow and how fast you forget the little things.