Word to Live By

The future is as bright as our faith
~President Thomas S. Monson

Saturday, April 19, 2008

First Bike Ride

Last Sunday we promised Sydney that after church we'd take the girls for a bike ride in the bike trailer. Just as we promised, we got everything hooked up, buckled the girls in and then Brian noticed the flat tire. Uh-oh! Our world just about ended. The hole was too big to be repaired so we had to wait and buy a new tube on Monday. Next catastrophe, Monday was super windy and cold. Again, no bike ride. Tuesday, mutual, no bike ride. Finally on Wednesday we went for a bike ride. Payton was scared to death. She cried over every bump for the first few blocks. I felt so bad. But, on the way home she was happy-- she even fell asleep. Yay! We can ride bikes and enjoy being outside together.

5 comments:

Robert Sullivan said...

I hate it when I promise Spencer that we're going to do something and then it doesn't work out. It seems like the world is coming to an end! It's awful!

I'm so sad that we missed out yesterday! Did you guys have fun?

Keri said...

How nice that you finally were able to get out. I'm thinking Randy and I should get bikes, but I don't think he wants to...

Walling Family said...

If my memory is correct the same dang thing happened last year! When we all went on the first bike ride, excep it was a weekday cause Brian went to WalMart. We haven't gone out yet Garrett needs a bike helmet first.

Shannon said...

How fun that it is getting nice enought to ride bikes. I sure wish it would stay nice though.

Larsen said...

Hey I just took a minutes to catch up a bit on your blog. You do a great job. That is so funny, all those little words of syd's.

So, I never called you. I am sorry. I will catch you later!

Gina